The Eppendorf 5810 is a laboratory centrifuge manufactured by Eppendorf, a leading provider of laboratory equipment. The Eppendorf 5810 is a versatile and reliable centrifuge used for a wide range of applications in various fields such as molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture, and clinical research.
Here are some key features and specifications of the Eppendorf 5810 centrifuge:
- Centrifugation Capacity: The Eppendorf 5810 can accommodate different types of tubes, including microcentrifuge tubes, PCR tubes, conical tubes, and bottles. It typically has a capacity of up to 4 x 750 mL or 4 x 94-100 mL (swing-out rotor).
- Speed and RCF (Relative Centrifugal Force): The centrifuge offers variable speed settings ranging from a few hundred RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) up to a maximum speed of around 14,000 RPM. The corresponding RCF values can go up to approximately 20,800 x g.
- Temperature Control: The Eppendorf 5810 can be equipped with a temperature control system, allowing users to perform temperature-sensitive centrifugation. Temperature options can range from -9°C to +40°C, depending on the model and available accessories.
- Rotor Options: The centrifuge can be used with various rotor types, including fixed-angle rotors and swing-out rotors. Different rotor configurations enable specific applications such as high-speed pelleting, low-speed separations, and large-volume processing.
- Control Panel and Programming: The centrifuge typically features a user-friendly control panel that allows for easy programming of speed, time, and other parameters. It may offer pre-programmed protocols and the ability to save custom protocols for frequent use.
- Safety Features: The Eppendorf 5810 centrifuge incorporates safety mechanisms to ensure safe operation. These may include features like automatic rotor recognition, imbalance detection, lid-locking mechanisms, and emergency lid release.
- Applications: The Eppendorf 5810 centrifuge is suitable for a wide range of applications, including DNA/RNA isolation, protein purification, cell harvesting, sample preparation, and various centrifugation protocols in research, clinical, and industrial laboratories.
Eppendorf centrifuge models:
- Eppendorf 5424 Centrifuge
- Eppendorf 5430 Centrifuge
- Eppendorf 5810 Centrifuge
- Eppendorf 5702 Centrifuge
- Eppendorf 5427 Centrifuge
- Eppendorf 5910 Centrifuge
- Certified Refurbished Centrifuges
- Clinical Centrifuges
- Hematocrit Centrifuges
- Microcentrifuges / Minicentrifuges
- Refrigerated Centrifuges